The coronavirus COVID-19 has affected 195 countries and territories around the world. But individual actions can have an incredible impact on this global pandemic. In this time of self-isolation and social distancing, it’s important to find a way to support each other and remember that we are still a community. Here’s how you can help:
- Stay home and limit your social interaction;
- Wash your hands and practice good hygiene;
- Purchase grocery items in reasonable amounts;
- Check in on friends and family by phone or text;
- Stay up to date with your local authorities’ regulations;
- Donate to support those struggling in this time.
AusRelief has always been committed to supporting and advocating for the vulnerable and less fortunate. We have partnered with Cumberland City Council to distribute emergency food and essential packs to the elderly and vulnerable families.
In this time of uncertainty, one thing is for sure: we will continue to operate in Australia and abroad to serve those in need. Recognised as an essential service, our work has not been impacted by the new regulations, and we will continue to deliver our service. We will continue to take all necessary precautions to ensure that our volunteers, partners and recipients are safe.
Please help us help those struggling in this time.